Behind The Wheel
TEEN BEHIND-THE-WHEEL ONLY (Age 15-17)
Have you completed your 32 hours Teen Classroom course with another provider and now need to complete the Behind-the-Wheel (BTW) driving lessons? Did you try driving with your Parents using parent-taught curriculum and you (or your parents) are stressed out from the experience?
GOOD NEWS… You can transfer to CARLTON to complete the in-car portion of your program!
Behind-the-Wheel Program– includes 14 hours of behind-the-wheel training (2 hours per day for 7 days), included is use of school's car with instructor safety brake, gas & insurance provided. This is a structured training program covering rules and skills like: parallel parking, intersections, lane changes, etc. This course requires you to have completed ALL 32 Hours of Classroom instruction AND have valid Learner Permit.
1. Successful completion of a 32 hour Texas Teen Classroom program with an Online-Provider, another driving school or Parent Taught program (Parents must have purchased curriculum package).
2. Provide Classroom Record and Grades showing proof of 32 hours course completion from an Online-Provider or Parent Taught Program
3. Contact your course provider and request DE-964 Transfer Certificate be sent to Carlton Driving School Inc. #C2611 They will complete it and either send to you, or us on your behalf.
DE-964 Transfer Certificate – must have:
a. Student's First, Middle Initial (if you have one), Last Name filled in
b. Student's permit (learner license) number filled in
c. Classroom completion date filled in
d. Necessary School and Instructor signatures present
e. Amount of Classroom hours transferring filled in
f. Certificate Transfer information filled out to: Carlton Driving School, 406 S Medford Dr, Lufkin TX 75901
STEP 4: Once all documents are provided to CARLTON our representatives will then be able to schedule your BTW driving lessons!
ADULT IN-CAR PRIVATE LESSON (Age 18+)
We offer one on one Behind-the-Wheel instruction for adults of any age
• Lessons are in 1 hour increments, with a qualified instructor
• Morning, Afternoon, Evening and Weekend lessons are available
• Students 18-25yrs must have previously completed an Adult 6 hour Classroom Course (we offer on the 1st Saturday each month) and possess a "Permit to Practice" or already have a valid license.
ASSESSMENT OF ADULT / SENIOR DRIVING SKILLS
Many families are faced with the prospect of determining if their loved one is a competent driver, or in some cases, no longer able to drive safely. A knowledgeable third-party assessment may help ease difficult decisions made by family members.
Carlton Driving School offers drivers assessment of their family member's driving capability via written testing and Behind-the-Wheel competency skills testing. Eligible adult must already have valid Drivers License or Permit.